New
Find
Notify
Tools

2nd NRCA Letter and Public Comments on WRAPS Charge
 Login/Join 
NRCA First Vice-President
posted
This weekend, the President of our neighboring civic association RAFOM, Stan Karson, and I delivered a letter to County Board Chairman Fisette requesting that the board revise the WRAPS charge (i.e. the instructions and parameters for the planning study) regarding three themes (1) the historic Wilson School building; (2) the provision of a 1,300 seat secondary school at the Wilson site; and (3) the limit of 60,000 square feet of open space that is currently included in the charge.

As those who have been following this process know, the WRAPS working group has been struggling within the County Board's existing charge to come up with a reasonable outcome regarding the public open space that currently exists as the Wilson School field and Rosslyn Highlands Park. In addition to the NRCA/RAFOM letter, I also made public comments at the December 13, 2014, county board meeting. To watch my comments, begin at 17:20; for the board's response tune in at 1:05.

Hopefully these actions will help move the WRAPS process further toward achieving our neighborhood's priorities at the Wilson/Rosslyn Highlands site. For a copy of the NRCA/RAFOM letter, or if you have questions, please email me at Katherine.elmore@outlook.com.

As a reminder, you can follow the WRAPS process at http://projects.arlingtonva.us...dies/land-use/wraps/. Please be advised that the next WRAPS meeting, scheduled for December 17, 2014, has been cancelled.

Posts: 60 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post