New
Find
Notify
Tools

Extending Quinn Street
 Login/Join

<David Lubs>
posted
There appears to be a unique and short-lived opportunity to change something that is a real, but little noticed nuisance. Arlington County Board member Chris Zimmerman was quoted in the Arlington Connection as making a statement in favor of punching Quinn Street through between Wilson Blvd. and Clarendon Blvd. He said it in relation to plans being made to redevelop the block of land that it would go through. Think how many little detours that would save us in getting from Clarendon Blvd. to our neighborhood. I think the association should pass a resolution endorsing this project and calling on the Arlington County Board to take all possible steps to make it happen. What do you think?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think this is a great idea. It would sure simplify the navigation through the neighborhood replacing the 3 or 4 block journeys we now have to make to go a short distance. With the right design, this block of Quinn could look integral to the development that is taking place.

Posts: 417 | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Ken Marcus>
posted
I also agree that this is a terrific idea, which could save us all a lot of time and make that part of our neighborhood much more easily navigable. We should take this up at tomorrow night's board meeting.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Member
posted Hide Post
I like the idea, too. Perhaps it would even reduce the traffic on Key Boulevard.

Posts: 2 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post