New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joint meeting of the School and County Board
 Login/Join 
posted
Hi All,

This is a good news/bad news message. The School Board and County Board will meet in joint session tomorrow ON WILSON tomorrow at 8AM at the education center. Alas, the meeting is closed to the public.

They'll report publicly on their meeting at 9AM. I'll attend. Wouldn't mind some company.

Mark

PS. Do mark your calendar for our meeting on 10/11 at The Atrium. In addition to status reports on our several projects we'll also have guest speakers on 'hopes for improved retail in Rosslyn' and the Arlington 'Green Condo' Program.

Posts: 319 | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The closed meeting on Wilson ran from 8-9AM. I attended the followup open meeting at 9-10AM. At the open meeting, the two boards discussed a process for working together on land issues in the future. Likely they will pattern the process on the existing county "Site Plan Review Committee (SPRC)" process.
What happened about Wilson School? I don't know. It was a closed meeting. I got some hints from friends on the boards that the issue has been passed back to the School Board to decide what they want for the site.

Posts: 319 | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post