Find
Notify
Tools

Wilson School Update
 Login/Join 
posted
Wilson School Update

1. Trailers:
Two weeks ago I passed along a commitment from APS staff that the unused trailers (the eastmost group of trailers) would be moved very shortly.
The trailers are still there. But APS staff tells me that they’ll soon be gone.
As Groucho Marx once asked: “Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?”

2. Historic Designation for Wilson School:
As reported previously, Arlington County’s Historic Architecture and Landmark Review Board (HALRB) has recommended that APS designate the entire Wilson site, including the school and playfields, as an historic site. We have just been informed that the HALRB will present this recommendation at the next APS Board meeting. Such a designation would be a wonderful outcome for our community. We’d have Wilson School for evening meetings/events/adult-education. And our community would have a play place for our children and young adults. Citizen attendance at the APS meeting will be very helpful in obtaining a good result. While the APS meeting starts at 7:30, experience indicates that the discussion of Wilson School likely will not start before 8:30.

A possible conflict is noted. The APS meeting is this Thursday at 7:30, the same date and time that we, NRCA, have planned our general meeting at the Atrium (yike). However, it should be possible to attend the NRCA meeting for an hour and still arrive at the APS meeting timely for the Wilson School discussion. That’s my plan. I encourage all NRCA members to do the same.

Mark Antell

Posts: 319 | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post