New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cafe Asia
 Login/Join 
<Ken Marcus>
posted
As I mentioned at last night's meeting, Cafe Asia has proposed to provide live music and customer dancing for private parties at the location immediately behind its current restaurant space. They would like to have this entertainment for private parties only until 2:00 a.m. Many in the community have expressed a desire for more evening and weekend amenities, including entertainment and other nightlife, in order to create a more vibrant urban environment in Rosslyn. Others are concerned about noise, particularly after midnight. Please let me know as soon as possible what your views are on this particular proposal, since the County Board will consider it at their next meeting. By my reading, there were some expressions of concern last night when the idea was raised; at the same time, others have urged that we cooperate with the few neighboring businesses that provide evening and weekend dining and entertainment. (I should say, however, based on my discussion with the County planning office this morning, that last night's reference to "disco dancing" at Cafe Asia may have been inaccurate, since the restaurant has not specified and probably will not regulate the kinds of dancing done at the private functions to be held there.) Cafe Asia is one of the few local establishments which have provided extensive, popular evening and weekend dining options, both indoors, outdoors, and by delivery. What are your thoughts?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post