North Rosslyn Civic Association Home Page    NRCA Collaboration Area    North Rosslyn Civic Association Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  News  Hop To Forums  Announcements    "Tap in Arlington" -- part of GMU's Earth Week Celebration
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Tap in Arlington" -- part of GMU's Earth Week Celebration
 Login/Join 
posted
Dear Civic Association Presidents,

I am forwarding this announcement about the Kick-Off forum of a new grassroots organization - TAP IN ARLINGTON: Say NO to Bottled H2O! This public event will be part of GMU’s Earth Week celebration.

WHAT: A Special Public Forum. View the award-winning and entertaining documentary Bag It, then engage a panel of experts on local water quality, bottled and tap water regulations, and the environmental effects of production and disposal of plastic bottles.

WHEN: Monday, April 15th, 7-9 pm. Doors open and pre-event materials will be distributed at 6:30. First 100 attendees get a free aluminum water bottle!

WHERE: GMU/Arlington Founder’s Hall, 3351 N. Fairfax Drive, near the VA Square Metro

PANELISTS and SPONSORS: see below.

I publicly raised the issue on January 1 this year, stating that I would begin a “personal crusade” to reduce the purchase of single-use, plastic water bottles. Well, the crusade is about to begin, thanks to the work of many committed Arlingtonians. Through this and future events, we hope to make Arlington a model for the nation on sustainable plastic water bottle practices. You can find out more at http://tapinarlington.org and on Facebook.

Our goal is to have 10,000 Arlington residents sign the following pledge:

“I choose to drink tap water instead of purchasing single-use plastic water bottles.”

Thank you very much. I hope to see you at the forum on April 15th!

Sincerely,

Jay Fisette

Jay Fisette

Vice Chair, Arlington County Board

2100 Clarendon Blvd., Suite 300

Arlington, VA 22201

jfisette@arlingtonva.us

www.arlingtonva.us

Posts: 285 | Registered: January 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post