North Rosslyn Civic Association Home Page    NRCA Collaboration Area    North Rosslyn Civic Association Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  News  Hop To Forums  Announcements    Save Wilson School: July 2 PARTY, and July 5 Hearing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Save Wilson School: July 2 PARTY, and July 5 Hearing
 Login/Join 
posted
Monday July 2, 7-10 PM, at Wilson School --- Save Wilson School Party. There'll be entertainment and art displays and snacks. We're co-sponsoring this with the Rosslyn Arts Coalition. C'mon out

Thursday, July 5, 7:30 PM at the Ed Center --- Arlington Public School Board talks about Wilson School. A good showing from the community is helpful. Here's the incoming note from Wendy Rahm of the Arlington Artists Coalition

------
The tentative date for the school board work session when the Wilson School issue will be part of a longer agenda is scheduled for Thursday, July 5 in the evening. It has been confirmed to me today by a school board member that it is important to have a big turnout in the hopes that the item can be postponed again, i.e., not be put on the agenda for a vote at the July 12 school board meeting.
The goal is to save the school for possible future use as a neighborhood elementary school (which will also mean the green space must be preserved by zoning law covering elementary schools as I understand it) with an interim use that will serve possibly the local and arts communities.
Please put this date on your calendar and plan to come "be present" (no speaking allowed) at this work session. It's all about the numbers we turn out.

Posts: 319 | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post