North Rosslyn Civic Association Home Page    NRCA Collaboration Area    North Rosslyn Civic Association Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  News  Hop To Forums  Announcements    AMES Center Project Update August 11, 2020
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AMES Center Project Update August 11, 2020
 Login/Join 
posted
13 August 2020
To: NRCA Membership
Re: Recent Meeting Concerning AMES Project

On August 10, I had an opportunity to hear an update on the AMES Project. In this Memo, I would like to make note of the significant updates.
1. The project will involve building 2 towers. One tower is 30 stories and the second tower is 31 stories.
2. Total of 740 apartments. Of that total, 200 will be set aside as short term hotel rooms while the apartments are being rented. The intention is to have 740 apartment rentals.
3. 574 parking spaces.
4. 4 levels of above grade parting. The original proposal was for 5 levels.
5. 8,000 sf of ground floor retail.
6. As a part of the project, both the Church and Gas Station will be removed but will return in the new development.
When the Gas Station (there is a very long-term lease) returns, it will feature gas pumps and a convenience store. No station bays for auto work.
7. Both of the walk bridges are coming down. Nearby roads will be closed over two weekends to take down and remove the bridges.
8. The proposed timeline is:
September/October 2021: Demolition Starts
January 2022: Church and Gas Station are Shut Down
June 2022: Construction Cranes Are In Place
December 2024: North Tower Tops Out
2025: Project Completed
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
CookeT@Georgetown.Edu
202-549-7477

Posts: 120 | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post