North Rosslyn Civic Association Home Page    NRCA Collaboration Area    North Rosslyn Civic Association Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  News  Hop To Forums  Announcements    Please Attend -- Walking Town Meeting With County Board
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please Attend -- Walking Town Meeting With County Board
 Login/Join 
posted
Dear All:

NRCA will host a Walking Town Meeting with the County Board June 23, 2010 from 6:30-8:30 PM. We will convene at Wilson School at 6:30 to begin the approximately one-mile tour of our community. Please plan to attend this important event! We will hold the event rain or shine, but let's hope for good weather.

Hope to see you there!
Jennifer

Posts: 285 | Registered: January 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi All,

The walking tour was terrific. But with the perspective that my recent extended vacation brings, I realize that we encountered an additional, unexpected, issue during our walking town meeting. A few disabled persons came along using electric scooters. They had a difficult passage. They couldn't use the skywalk. Grade changes with stairs prevented that. They couldn't get into the metro from the Fort Myers side of the street. Again, stairs got in the way.

I don't mention in this criticism. The walking tour was terrific! An excellent show of our pleasant neighborhood and its proximity to an urban center.

Nor am I saying, 'drop everything!!, we've got to address the needs of handicapped persons.'

Rather, I'm concerned that Rosslyn is not very access-friendly for the disabled; and I see that as a problem that we should try to improve.

Mark

Posts: 319 | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post