Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Candidate Debate on 10/15
 Login/Join 
posted
On Thursday 10/15, NRCA will hold a short business meeting at 6:30 in the Belvedere Condo Party room, 1600 N. Oak Street.

At 7PM we'll begin the main event of the evening, a candidate debate which we are cosponsoring with RAFOM.

I expect that all candidates for Delegate in our district, for County Board, and for School Board will be present. Here's the planned format for the candidate debate:

* House Delegate and County Board candidates: five minutes each for opening presentations, followed by one minute each for any rebuttal.
* Q and A: Ten minutes total for Delegate, ten minutes also for County Board.

* Unopposed School Board candidate: three minutes for a presentation.
* Q and A: Five minutes.

All questions from the floor will be limited to 30 seconds.

Posts: 319 | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those who missed the NRCA/RAFOM sponsored candidate forum, a video record is available at the following website:
http://ode-street-tribune.blogspot.com/

My own inpresssions follow:

James Lander is running unopposed for School Board. I was happy with his presentation. He believes that schools should support the community as a whole; and he sees the importance of saving Wilson School.

In the race for County Board the presentations were, broadly, what you might expect. The incumbent, Jay Fisette, said things are great; while the challenger, John Reeder, says that the County government is (over)spending on the wrong priorities. I personally support John Reeder's candidacy for County Board.

For State Representative, the challenger Aaron Ringel was the more exciting speaker. Again, this is what one might expect. The long-time incumbent, Bob Brink, seems relatively happy with the status quo; while the challenger argues that we in District 48 are not well represented.

Posts: 319 | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post