New
Find
Notify
Tools

Civic Association Representation
 Login/Join 
<Ken Marcus>
posted
The Rosslyn Business Improvement District Steering Committee will shortly recommend that the County Board appoint up to five members of the Board of Directors of the Rosslyn Business Improvement Corporation (RBIC). The Steering Committee will recommend that the County Board's appointees include Rosslyn residents and/or representatives of North Rosslyn and the Radnor/Fort Myers Civic Association. County Board members have indicated a preference to ensure that the RBIC has some resident or civic association representation. Anyone who is interested in obtaining an appointment should either contact the County Board directly, contact me, or post a reply to this message.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Ken Marcus>
posted
The County Board is expected to select appointees to 5 RBIC directorships during its February 8 meeting. RBIC's recommendations are: Patricia Daneille or Stan Karson (President, Radnor-Fort Myer Heights Civic Association); Lora Rinker (Executive Director, ASPAN); Greg Walker (WMATA); an unnamed county staff director; and myself (President, North Rosslyn Civic Association). I consider my own name to be a placeholder for a North Rosslyn representative. It is important, however, that North Rosslyn be properly represented on the board, in order to ensure that the BID is operated in a way that advances community interests. Please let me know if you are interested in becoming involved with the RBIC.

<Ken Marcus>
posted
I am delighted to report that the Arlington County Board has appointed our own Second Vice President, John Seal, as a community representative to the board of the Rosslyn Business Improvement Corporation (RBIC).

The RBIC board is the newly chartered non-profit organization which will likely govern the Rosslyn Business Improvement District (the BID). This group is an important bridge between the business community and residential groups such as North Rosslyn.

John's appointment is a tribute to his extensive and distinguished contriubtions to Arlington civic life, including recent tenure as the Atrium's President and the various leadership positions which he has held with the Arlington Committee of 100. His appointment also represents an important acknowledgement of the role that the North Rosslyn Civic Association now plays in the community. North Rosslyn had previously recommended that the County Board approve the creation of the BID, but urged that the RBIC reserve seats on the Board for civic association members. The RBIC's acceptance of that request, and the County Board's appointment of John Seal, acknowledge the important role that the civic association will have to play in the BID's activities.

John is to be congratulated for this important and prestigious appointment.