Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Significant arrest on Key Blvd - June 6, 2010
 Login/Join

posted
Good morning. I don’t have all the information yet but we had an armed robbery in Rosslyn, the 1800 block of Key Blvd., on Friday night just after midnight which resulted in the arrest of 4 individuals. In this case the victim was walking when he was approached by 4 black males one of which displayed a handgun. The victim complied with the attackers demands and gave them what they were looking for. Immediately after the robbery the victim called 911 and gave a lookout for the suspects and 2 police units working in the area located 4 subjects who matched the description provided. One was found to be in possession of a fake gun which looked very real. To keep this short, all 4 were identified by the victim and arrested. None were found to be residents of Arlington. Our Criminal Investigations Section is currently looking into the recent activities of these individuals to see if they are responsible in some way for the recent surge in street crime throughout the county.

We will continue to deploy our resources to these areas until we can definitively conclude that these subjects were responsible for the other incidents. I obviously can not send out the information on the suspects as the investigation is continuing. However, as more information becomes available I will send it out. I anticipate a press release will be forthcoming early this week which I will forward to the group.

Lieutenant David M. Reiten
Arlington County Police Department
Operations Division, Acting 2nd District Commander
(703)228-4327

Posts: 417 | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post