Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Incident at Rosslyn Mews
 Login/Join

posted
Friday, October 9, 2015 approximately 11:00pm, three Rosslyn Mews homeowners encountered two suspicious youths heading down the Rosslyn Mews walkway heading north towards 19th Street.

After confronting the youths with "Where are you going? You don't live in this neighborhood!" the youths turned around, headed back down the walkway towards the corner of N. Ode Street and Key Blvd, then turned west up Key Blvd. There was a continued exchange of loud words with the youths until they left the property.

An Atrium resident walking her dog witnessed the exchange, stopped to ask the homeowner who first encountered the youths if he was ok. She said that while walking her dog that evening, she too had noticed the youths walking around the neighborhood. Contact information was exchanged with an invitation to stay in touch should the Atrium resident continue to see any suspicious individuals in the neighborhood.

Linda D. Whitlock-Brown, President
Rosslyn Mews Condominium Association (RMCA)

Linda D. Whitlock-Brown and
Terrence J. Brown

Posts: 2 | Registered: February 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All,
I don’t know why the youths were considered ‘suspicious,’ so I’m unsure how I feel about this report.
Mark Antell

Posts: 319 | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Mark,

Thank you for your comments.

I would like to respond, when a homeowner questions unfamiliar individuals walking onto private property "where are you going?" and receives a response that is verbally abusive, this is for our community considered suspicious behavior.

After the incident I contacted NRCA, advised what had happened and was provided vey helpful suggestions for what to do if community members find themselves in a situation that is confrontational and uncomfortable. NRCA also provided suggestions on what to do in non-emergency situations. The suggestions provided by NRCA have since been shared with our community.

Sending many thanks for your continued support,

Linda D. Whitlock-Brown, President
Rosslyn Mews Condominium Association

Linda D. Whitlock-Brown and
Terrence J. Brown

Posts: 2 | Registered: February 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post