North Rosslyn Civic Association Home Page    NRCA Collaboration Area    North Rosslyn Civic Association Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussions  Hop To Forums  Sound Abatement    Request Feedback on planned Music at Rosslyn Farmers Market
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Request Feedback on planned Music at Rosslyn Farmers Market
 Login/Join 
Picture of Sylvia Kendra
posted
Hello all,

Permits are being finalized to create a new Rosslyn Farmers market at Central Place, 1800 N Lynn St. Fresh Farms is considering adding live music, please read message from Rosslyn BID, below:

"We are cognizant that residents are well within Central Place proximity and we will ensure that the volume of the music is not too loud and disrupts anyone...the music will mostly take the form of solo musicians and minimal amplification. Nothing so loud as to prevent normal conversation and interaction with vendors. Fresh Farms will be managing it and they lean towards acoustic, folk, and easy listening styles of music."

Please respond if you have an opinion, either positive or negative about this plan.

Posts: 81 | Registered: January 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRCA Director
posted Hide Post
I think music around lunch hour is an added attraction to draw people to the farmer's market and to Central Place. I say yes to music.

Posts: 75 | Registered: March 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I concur - live music is a plus.

Posts: 6 | Registered: December 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I completely agree!

Posts: 19 | Registered: November 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes to music!

Posts: 9 | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let the music play.

Posts: 15 | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sylvia Kendra
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thank everyone! I'm in favor of it too. i've drafted a letter in support of music and a farmers market in Central Place.

Posts: 81 | Registered: January 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRCA Vice President
posted Hide Post
As an update - Arlington County Board will be taking up the recommendation of a Farmers Market at Central Plaza with music Saturday morning if you wish to attend. It seems that there is consensus from NRCA that live music is a positive addition. Meeting begins at 8:30am at Courthouse Plaza County Board Room (3rd floor).

http://arlington.granicus.com/...=1100&meta_id=161619

Posts: 24 | Registered: March 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, yes! Thumbs up for live music at the farmers market.

posted Hide Post
I think I saw that they're planning on holding the farmers market after work some weekdays, which I also support.

NRCA Director
posted Hide Post
I agree totally. I think we should take a vote at the meeting tomorrow and send an email to the County Board with the results before the Saturday board meeting. Terri Prell

Posts: 75 | Registered: March 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post