New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poll -- What future for the Wilson Site
 Login/Join 
posted
Folks,

In a previous message I asked for a renewed effort on saving the Wilson site, including Wilson School and Playfields, plus Rosslyn Highlands Park and path. I indicated that I'd provide a poll for people to provide feedback to NRCA as we provide a community voice to County bureaucrats and elected officials.

There is some urgency to this poll, the County advisory board on historic preservation has unanimously supported preservation of the Wilson School. Their recommendation comes before the school board the evening of 2/17.

So here's the poll. Note that it includes two questions, each with two polling options:

I. NRCA Position on Green Space

II. NRCA Position on Historic Preservation

Question:
Position on Green Space

Choices:
A. NRCA is a participant in theWestern Rosslyn Area Planning Study (WRAPS). WRAPS will come up with the best balance of green space and development.
B. WRAPS calls for a small amount of green space, much of it on top of a school (likely available only for fee). NRCA should work for a family-attractive neighborhood with more substantial recreational infrastructure than called for by WRAPS.

Question:
Historic Preservaton

Choices:
A. Not very important.
B. The current use of the Wilson Site includes a small, right-sized, school and community center, and the possibility of playfields compatible with family needs. These should be preserved.

Posts: 319 | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I include below community voting results from our two-question poll of the NRCA mailing list: "What future for the Wilson Site?"

Results (11 votes counted)

Position on Green Space
4 votes - (36%) A. NRCA is a participant in theWestern Rosslyn Area Planning Study (WRAPS). WRAPS will come up with the best balance of green space and development.
7 votes - (64%) B. WRAPS calls for a small amount of green space, much of it on top of a school (likely available only for fee). NRCA should work for a family-attractive neighborhood with more substantial recreational infrastructure than called for by WRAPS.

Position on Historic Preservaton
7 votes - (64%) A. Not very important.
4 votes - (36%) B. The current use of the Wilson Site includes a small, right-sized, school and community center, and the possibility of playfields compatible with family needs. These should be preserved.

Posts: 319 | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post