Find
Notify
Tools

Helicopter Noise Meeting January 16th 7:30pm
 Login/Join 
NRCA Vice President
posted
Register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/c...-tickets-41503727767

Congressman Don Beyer will host a community forum on helicopter noise Jan 16 from 7:30—9:00pm at Abingdon Elementary School 3035 S Abingdon St in Arlington.

The forum will be for community members to provide feedback to the Department of Defense (DOD) and is part of a study Rep. Beyer had included in the last year’s Defense Authorization Act. The provision was proposed by Rep. Beyer in response to frequent complaints from constituents about excess noise from military helicopters. It directs DOD to study changes to the region’s helicopter flight routes, operating procedures, and types of helicopters flown in the national capital airspace to mitigate the effect of noise on the region’s neighborhoods.

Posts: 24 | Registered: March 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How I wish I could be there but I have a prior commitment. I have been living at Highgate for 24 years and the the noise from planes and helicopters has been getting worse. I can never get a full night's sleep and I am now considering that I may have to leave Rosslyn and the home I love. PLEASE, PLEASE, Congressman Byer do whatever you can to remedy this situation.
Sara E Melendez

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post