Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arlington County Retail Plan
 Login/Join 
posted
Arlington Economic Development has generated a document" Arlington County Retail Plan: Retail Street Maps"

The plan identifies 4 retail street types that are described in the attached document.

A public forum is scheduled for Tuesday, April 28, 2015 to discuss this plan. The meeting is at 1310 N Courthouse Rd, 3rd floor space. (South of the county's surface parking lot at courthouse.) You are welcome to attend if this topic interests you.

PDF Docrevised_---_released_April_2015_Arlington_County_Retail_Plan_Retail_Street_Maps_(1).pdf (3,012 Kb, 271 downloads) Arlington County Retail Plan

Posts: 417 | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paul,

I pass along (by attachment below) two notes about the draft Arlington Retail Plan now under review. The notes were developed under the auspices of the Arlington County Civic Federation -- Planning and Zoning Committee (Martha Moore, Chair). Im my experience, this committee produces excellent, independent, reviews of relevant County policies.

The first note is an evaluation of the draft plan. The second note is a report on the first public hearing on the plan.

I see the following few common threads throughout the two notes:
-a sense that the 'plan' is a 'rush job;'
-a concern that the 'plan' poorly represents resident concerns; and
-a related concern that the 'plan' is mostly motivated by desire to allow increased commercial density all over Arlington.

Mark Antell

Word DocTwo_documents_on_the_Arlington_Retail_Plan.doc (32 Kb, 237 downloads)

Posts: 319 | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post